Portal:George Bell and Sons
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- A Dictionary of Artists of the English School by Samuel Redgrave, 1878.
- A hand-book to Hampton Court by Henry Cole, 1884.
- The poetical works of William Blake, lyrical and miscellaneous by William Blake edited by William Michael Rossetti, 1890.
- The Art of Bookbinding by Joseph William Zaehnsdorf, 1890
- Select Historical Documents of the Middle Ages by Ernest Flagg Henderson, 1892
- Picture Posters by Charles Hiatt 1896
- Football: The Rugby Game by Author:Harry Vassall 1898
- The poems of Edgar Allan Poe (Robinson) by Edgar Allan Poe, illustrated by William Heath Robinson 1900
- Penelope's Experiences in Scotland by Kate Douglas Wiggin, illustrated by Charles Edmund Brock 1901
- A Dictionary of Saintly Women Volume 1, Volume 2 by Agnes Baillie Cunninghame Dunbar, 1904, 1905.
- Henry VIII and the English Monasteries by Francis Aidan Gasquet, 1888; Reprinted 1906.
- Football: The Association Game by Author:Charles William Alcock, 1906
- An American Girl in India by Shelland Bradley, 1907
- The Pinafore Picture Book by W S Gilbert, 1908
- Ruddigore by W S Gilbert, 1912
- Bryan's Dictionary of Painters and Engravers by Michael Bryan, 1918.
- The Complete Peerage 1st Edition, edited by Cokayne, 1887–1898.
Purchased Bohn's Libraries from Henry G. Bohn in 1864.
Bohn's Antiquarian Library
|Gesta Romanorum||Unknown||Charles Swan||1905||London||Edited and corrected by Wynnard Hooper|
|Chronicles of the Crusades||Richard of Devizes, Geoffrey de Vinsauf, Lord John de Joinville||John Allen Giles, "a classical scholar and a gentleman well read in Mediæval history", Thomas Johnes||1908||London||New Edition|
|The Anglo-Saxon Chronicle||Unknown||John Allen Giles||1914||London||New Edition|
Bohn's Classical Library
|The Dramas of Aeschylus||Aeschylus||Anna Swanwick||1886||London||Fourth edition. First edition published 1865.|
|The Plays of Euripides||Euripides||Edward Philip Coleridge||1891||London||1910 reprinting of volume 1 and 1913 reprinting of volume 2.|
|The Odyssey of Homer||Homer||Theodore William Alois Buckley||1902||London||Originally Published 1853.|
Bohn's Philosophical Library
|The Metaphysical Foundations of Natural Science||Immanuel Kant||Ernest Belfort Bax||1883||London||Revised edition.|
|On the Fourfold Root of the Principle of Sufficient Reason, and On the Will in Nature||Arthur Schopenhauer||Jessie Hillebrand||1903||London||Revised edition.|
Bohn's Standard Library
|The Exemplary Novels of Cervantes||Miguel de Cervantes||Walter Keating Kelly||1881||London|
|Grimm's Household Tales||Jacob Grimm and Wilhelm Grimm||Margaret Raine Hunt||1884||London|
|The Prose Tales of Alexander Poushkin||Alexander Poushkin||Thomas Keane||1894||London||1916 reprinting.|
These are the known publishers' marks used by George Bell and Sons: