User talk:Beleg Tâl
|← Beleg Tâl||Beleg Tâl | Talk||Archives →|
- 1 A big project.. but thought I'd mention it in passing..Statutes of the Realm...
- 2 PotM
- 3 The Tale of Peter Rabbit (1916)
- 4 Deleting Index:Beatrix Potter - A Tale of Tom Kitten.djvu
- 5 The help you proposed to add Pamphlets translated from the russian (by Leo Tolstoy) a few weeks ago
- 6 Author:J. Thomson—not so certain
A big project.. but thought I'd mention it in passing..Statutes of the Realm...
In trying to pin down a Misprint in something, I went looking for something called Statutes of the Realm:-
And Hathi Trust has a 'few' volumes, ( albiet a 1963 reprint so I'm not sure about copyright issues on it.)
Assuming it's copyright Okay, Id really like to see someone put scans for the Statutes of the Ream up for transcribing, for much early English Statute law it's regraded as one of the DEFINITIVE sources (given it was complied by a specific official Comission in the UK at some point in the 18th centyrt IIRC.)
- @ShakespeareFan00: It's published 1810-1825 so not copyright. The best scans I can find are here. These will be easy to retrieve for someone with a HathiTrust membership so I posted a request at WS:S#Statutes of the Realm. I can maybe help with the pagelisting after that and top-level nav, but I have enough backlog of works to proofread that I don't want to start another large project. —Beleg Tâl (talk) 11:55, 9 June 2018 (UTC)
The Tale of Peter Rabbit (1916)
Could you please add a defaultsort template to The Tale of Peter Rabbit (1916) so that it's indexed under "Ta" for "Tale" instead of under "Th" for "The"? Thank you. Simon Peter Hughes (talk) 05:18, 25 July 2018 (UTC)
What do you think of deleting Index:Beatrix Potter - A Tale of Tom Kitten.djvu? There's no real difference between this version and Index:Taleoftomkitten00pottuoft.djvu which was complete and what we used to back The Tale of Tom Kitten. You and I were the only contributors to this version, so I figure that unless you have some big objection I would just go about and speedy delete it instead of going through the PD process. Mukkakukaku (talk) 01:28, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
- @Mukkakukaku: Go ahead and speedy it; I have no objection. —Beleg Tâl (talk) 02:17, 16 August 2018 (UTC)
The help you proposed to add Pamphlets translated from the russian (by Leo Tolstoy) a few weeks ago
Hi, I didn't see your message in time, if you can still help me add those works by Tolstoy, I'd love to. I'm a beginner in wikisource, I just added a few things here and there, I'd love to get more involved in adding works by Tolstoy and Weil, as well as adding translations of those precious philosophers. I also have a friend who digitized manually some old books who might contribute as well. The thing I didn't understand was how to import the file for Pamphlets.
Best regards Nazmi September the 12th @Beleg Tâl:
- @Nazmifr: I placed some helpful links on your talk page so that you can learn how to add works like this. In particular, see Help:Beginner's guide to adding texts. —— Because this is a difficult work, I created the Index page for you. It is at Index:Pamphlets. Translated from the Russian.djvu. However, I just discovered that someone already uploaded it, at Index:Tolstoy - Pamphlets.djvu. I will need to merge the duplicates. You can proceed with Index:Tolstoy - Pamphlets.djvu as desired. —Beleg Tâl (talk) 20:03, 16 September 2018 (UTC)
Author:J. Thomson—not so certain
Looking at Category:Authors-Th has me thinking that the specific redirect that you have created is not the best that we can do for that option. If that is what we have, I believe it should only be the piped visual label, with a full link underneath. — billinghurst sDrewth 04:28, 11 October 2018 (UTC)