Wikisource talk:Community collaboration/2009
|← 2008||Community Collaboration - Proposals Archive (from 2009)||2010 →|
|This page archives proposals made for the Community Collaboration.|
|Please do not post any new comments on this page. This is a discussion archive first created in 2009, although the comments contained were likely posted before and after this date.
See current discussion.
- See also the Archive Index.
Images of Charles Monroe Sheldon
Dutch novelist Louis Couperus
Wikisource only has one work by this Dutch novelist. Most of the available English translations are in the public domain; Couperus died in 1923 and his main translator, Alexander Teixeira de Mattos, died in 1921.Ingram (talk) 22:20, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
Charles Darwin b.12 Feb 1809
I would like to see us work on Charles Darwin in time for the anniversary of his 200th birthday which is a couple of weeks away. I know that it is short notice, however, it could be a useful target with some publicity surely to take place on or around the day. -- billinghurst (talk) 05:33, 25 January 2009 (UTC)
Famous French politician, Jean Jaurès was born in 1859, so 2009 is his 150th birthday. So I proposed we should have this author sometimes this year, preferably September 2009. Yann (talk) 13:29, 13 February 2009 (UTC)
- Can I suggest that we use this as the next CotW, and the anniversary date was 3 Sep. -- billinghurst (talk) 12:10, 4 September 2009 (UTC)
- Archive.org show these works about with these work by. -- billinghurst (talk) 05:04, 14 August 2009 (UTC)
- My vote goes to Author:Khwaja Kamal-ud-Din there are a ton of great works and they would make a great CotW. --Mattwj2002 (talk) 19:38, 17 October 2009 (UTC)
I don't know if you guys are interested in suggestions from people that don't participate here and have no intention of doing so, but I'm having great difficulty getting my head around the fact that Author:Christopher Columbus is a red-link [at least it was when I wrote this. Hesperian 00:19, 30 November 2009 (UTC)]. A Google Books search indicates several public domain translations of his journals / narratives / log; plus what has been written about him could fill a library. Though I'm tempted to create the page myself, I wouldn't do it justice. This warrants a collaborative effort. Hesperian 13:05, 18 November 2009 (UTC)
I have been working on his page myself now for some time. But I could really need some help in adding more of his works. There is quite a lot of texts (and many interesting translations from different time periods) to be found online.--The Illusional Ministry (talk) 16:57, 28 November 2009 (UTC)
- Nice idea. Is there any time that is better than any other for this to run. billinghurst (talk) 23:23, 28 November 2009 (UTC)