- "Social Experiments in Utah," by John Hanson Beadle in Popular Science Monthly Volume 9, August 1876
- Prehistoric Man in Utah, 1906 by Henry Montgomery
- History of Utah, 1540-1886 (1889)
Bear River Massacre
- Alta California Report of the Bear River Massacre
- Diary of Hiram Tuttle - January-Febuary 1867
- Letter of Introduction of Zacheus Van Ornum
- Official Report - Battle of Bear River
- “Utah (territory)” by J. W. Hawes in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Utah” by Henry Gannett in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1888.
- “Utah” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Utah,” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Utah,” by W. R. Harris in Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913.
- “Utah,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Utah,” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co.
- George Emory Fellows, “Utah,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.