- “Delaware” by Emily Read in Encyclopædia Britannica (9th ed.), 1878.
- “Delaware (state)” by J. W. Hawes in The American Cyclopædia, 1879.
- “Delaware (State),” The New International Encyclopædia. New York: Dodd, Mead and Co., 1905.
- “Delaware” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Delaware (state)”, in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Delaware,” by Charles F. Curley in Catholic Encyclopedia, New York: The Encyclopaedia Press (1913)
- “Delaware, State of,” in The New Student's Reference Work, Chicago: F.E. Compton and Co. (1914)
- “Delaware (State),” in Collier's New Encyclopedia, New York: P. F. Collier & Son Co. (1921)
- Ernest Vancourt Vaughn, “Delaware,” Encyclopædia Britannica (12th ed.), 1922.