- “Persia,” in Easton's Bible Dictionary (1897)
- “Persia” in The Nuttall Encyclopædia by James Wood, London: Frederick Warne and Co., Ltd., 1907.
- “Abbas I (Persia),” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Baluchistan (Persia),” in Encyclopædia Britannica, (11th ed.), 1911
- “Persia,” in Catholic Encyclopedia, 1913.
- “Iran” in The World Factbook by the CIA, 1982.
- “Iran” in The World Factbook by the CIA, 2004.
- Persia, 1828 by Frederic Shoberl
- Through Persia by Caravan, 1877 by R. Arthur Arnold
- Persia Revisited, 1895 by Thomas Edward Gordon(External scan)
- Mariam, a Romance of Persia, 1906 by Samuel Graham Wilson(External scan)
- Across Persia, 1907 by Author:Eliot Crawshay-Williams(External scan)
- The New Persian Woman, 1921 by Clara E. Rice
- Documents Seized from the US Embassy in Tehran, 1979
- Letter to George W. Bush from Mahmoud Ahmadinejad (March 2006)
- NSC 136: United States Policy Regarding the Present Situation in Iran (1952)