Welcome to WikiProject Validate. Several editors have formed this group dedicated to validating works that have been proofread. This page contains various resources. If you would like to help, please add yourself as a participant in the project.
- To have works proofread multiple times to get texts to the status of validated.
- To reduce the extensive backlog in Index Proofread.
- To increase the number of active proofreaders on Wikisource
- Adding works to validate
- Add works that you wish to be validated to the end of the list of candidates. There should not be more than 4 works in the list. If the list is full, consider helping with validation instead of adding another work.
- If you want to add a group of related works (e.g. several plays by Shakespeare), add them into a separate subsection. There should not be more than 2 items in this list.
- Validate as carefully as possible. The aim is not QUICK validation, but QUALITY validation. Nobody is perfect and a validator may not notice something that needs to be corrected, but it should happen only very rarely.
- Check not only typos, but also compliance with Wiksource rules and the way of transcluding into the main namespace.
- Do not change formatting which is against your preference but not directly against Wikisource rules or at the borderline. One work is often validated by several people with different preferences and it would be difficult to keep the formatting consistent.
To validate pages a user needs to be logged in to their account.
Work for this task is chosen from the main list of candidates by voting.
Current task: Small works of TE(æ)A,ea.
- Index:Admonition against Profane and Common Swearing.djvu:
- Index:Pretty Story.djvu:
Work for this task can be chosen from the main list of candidates by anybody. It is supposed that the contributor who has chosen the work will be one of the main participants of its validation.
Task 3: 
Work for this task can be chosen from the list of related works to be validated.
Current task: The Yale Shakespeare
Index:Henry IV Part 1 (1917) Yale.djvu
- Index:Henry IV Part 2 (1921) Yale.djvu
- Index:Henry V (1918) Yale.djvu
- Index:Henry VI Part 1 (1918) Yale.djvu
- Index:Henry VI Part 2 (1923) Yale.djvu
Index:Henry VI Part 3 (1923) Yale.djvu
Candidates to be validated
The list of candidates may contain up to 4 items. If the list is full, consider helping with validation instead of adding another work.
- Index:Plutarch - Moralia, translator Holland, 1911.djvu
- Index:R U R Rossum s Universal Robots.pdf
- Index:Proletarian and Petit-Bourgeois (1912?).pdf
The list of candidates may contain up to 2 items (e.g. several plays by Shakespeare is 1 one item). If the list is full, consider helping with validation instead of adding another work.
- The short stories of L. E. L.. All, excepting the first, are backed to a scan that is either proofread or validated; there are 21 works that are proofread, but not validated.
For a list of works validated in this project see Archive.
Please feel free to add yourself here:
- MJL (talk • contribs) 18:39, 4 February 2018 (UTC)
- TE(æ)A,ea. (talk • contribs) 12:36, 7 October 2018 (UTC)
- Jan Kameníček (talk • contribs) 19:42, 26 January 2019 (UTC)
- kathleen wright5 (talk) 00:10, 18 March 2019 (UTC)
- TEP (talk) 00:01, 24 March 2019 (UTC)
- Pete (talk)
- Reboot01 (talk) 03:34, 28 April 2019 (UTC)
- Seperation (talk • contribs) 02:51, 18 December 2019 (UTC)
- Category:Index Proofread (all indices that have been fully proofread, and now need validation)
- Category:Index Validated (links to the index page for all works that have been fully validated)
- Wikisource:WikiProject Validate/Noticeboard