- Travels to discover the source of the Nile: in the years 1768, 1769, 1770, 1771, 1772, and 1773, 1790, by James Bruce
- Travels into the Interior Districts of Africa, 1799 by Mungo Park
- A voyage to Abyssinia, 1816 by Henry Salt (transcription project)
- Narrative of an Expedition to explore the River Zaire or Congo in 1816, 1818 by J. K. Tucke
- Narrative of travels and discoveries in northern and central Africa, 1826 by Dixon Denham and Hugh Clapperton
- First Footsteps in East Africa, 1856 by Richard Francis Burton
- "Dr. Livingstone", by L. J. Procter in Popular Science Monthly Volume 2, January 1873.
- Adventures in Morocco and journeys through the oases of Draa and Tafilet. With an introduction by Winwood Reade, 1874 by Gerhard Rohlfs
- Through the Dark Continent, 1878 by Henry M. Stanley
- The Heart of Africa, 1873, new ed. 1878, by Georg August Schweinfurth
- "A South African Arcadia", by Carl Gotthilf Büttner in Popular Science Monthly Volume 22, March 1883.
- A Popular Account of Dr Livingstone's Expedition to the Zambesi and its Tributaries, 1894 by David Livingstone
- The Man-Eaters of Tsavo, 1907 by John Henry Patterson
- Lake Ngami, 1861, by Charles John Andersson
- Exploration of the Valley of the Amazon, Vol.I, 1853 by William Lewis Herndon
- Exploration of the Valley of the Amazon, Vol. II, 1854 by Lardner Gibbon
- Narrative of the Proceedings of Pedrarias Davila, 1865 by Pascual de Andagoya
- "Discovery of Mount Tyndall", by William Henry Brewer in Popular Science Monthly Volume 2, April 1873.
- "Observations of a Naturalist in Nicaragua", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 5, May 1874.
- Mexico, California and Arizona; being a new and revised edition of Old Mexico and her lost provinces, 1900, by William Henry Bishop (transcription project)
- Through the Brazilian Wilderness, 1914 by Theodore Roosevelt
- Narrative of the Discoveries on the North Coast of America, effected by the Officers of the Hudson’s Bay Company, during the years 1836—39, 1843, by Thomas Simpson
- Life with the Esquimaux 1864, by Charles Francis Hall (transcription project)
- Arctic Researches, And Life Among The Esquimaux, 1865, by Charles Francis Hall (transcription project)
- "In Quest of the Pole", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 3, July 1873.
- "Recent Polar Explorations", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 7, July 1875.
- "Arctic Ice-Travels", by Clements R. Markham in Popular Science Monthly Volume 7, August 1875.
- Journal of David Legge Brainard, 1881-84 by David Legge Brainard
- In the Lena Delta, 1885 by George Wallace Melville (transcription project)
- "Arctic Exploration and its Object", in Popular Science Monthly Volume 27, May 1885.
- "Arctic Temperatures and Exploration", by Stuart Jenkins in Popular Science Monthly Volume 45, September 1894.
- "Proposed System of Continuous Polar Exploration", by Robert Stein in Popular Science Monthly Volume 49, July 1896.
- Proposed Expedition to Explore Ellesmere Land, 1898, by Robert Stein (scan index)
- Polar Exploration, 1911, by William Spiers Bruce (scan index).
- The Last Voyage of the Karluk, 1916, Robert Abram Bartlett (transcription project)
- Report of the Canadian Arctic Expedition, 1913-1918 (commons gallery of available sections)
- Progress of Science (on British and German Arctic expeditions) in Popular Science Monthly, 59, p. 104
- The Travels of Marco Polo, by Marco Polo
- Personal Narrative of a Pilgrimage to Al Madinah and Meccah, 1855 by Richard Francis Burton
- "Regarding Matters in India", by George Francis Lyon in Popular Science Monthly Volume 2, March 1873.
- The Land of Midian, 1879 by Richard Francis Burton
- "Unexplored Parts of the Old World", by M. Vénukoff in Popular Science Monthly Volume 19, September 1881.
- "The Topmost Country of the Earth", by Gustav Kreitner in Popular Science Monthly Volume 21, August 1882.
- In the Forbidden Land, 1899 by Arnold Henry Savage Landor
- Lhasa and Central Tibet, 1903 by Gombojab Tsybikov
- Early English Adventurers in the East, 1917 by Arnold Wright