|← Community page||Administrators||Archives →|
multilingual admins and the software's list of admins). For an historical list of all admins with links to their relevant election and confirmation pages, see the Admin Archives Timeline.
This page provides information on the English Wikisource's current administrators (see also |
Administrators are given access for one year per the Restricted access policy. Regular votes are held to confirm each user's status. Other languages indicate the areas in which the administrators might be able to converse with outside project members, or help provide public domain translations.
|Username||Other languages||Next Confirmation||Other access|
|AdamBMorgan||German (basic), Polish (learning)||2017-05|
|Angr||German (fluent), French (intermediate)||2017-06||mul.ws admin|
|BD2412||French (basic)||2017-10||enwp admin, enwikt admin, enwq admin & crat|
|Beleg Tâl||French (intermediate), Latin (basic)||2017-07|
|Billinghurst||2017-09||admin: commons, enWP, meta, mw see all|
|Captain Nemo||Japanese (learning), Russian (fluent)||2017-10|
|Charles Matthews||French (intermediate), Russian (basic)||2017-02||enwp admin|
|Clockery||Malayalam, Hindi (intermediate)||2017-05|
|Doug||German, French (basic)||2017-09||mul.ws admin and importer + others see all|
|EncycloPetey||Spanish (intermediate), Latin (intermediate), French (basic), German (basic), Ancient Greek (basic)||2017-03||enwikt admin, species admin|
|GorillaWarfare||Spanish (basic)||2017-09||enwp admin|
|GrafZahl||German, French (basic), Latin (basic)||2016-10||administers admin bot TalBot|
|Hesperian||2017-10||bureaucrat, admin@commons, firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Ineuw||Hungarian, Hebrew, French (intermediate)||2017-07|
|John Vandenberg||2017-07||mul.ws admin|
|Jusjih||Chinese (Mandarin, traditional, simplified), French (basic), Korean (learning)||2017-07||mul.ws admin and importer + others see all|
|Yann||French, Hindi (intermediate)||2017-07||mul.ws admin|
|Zhaladshar||German (basic), Latin (basic)||2017-07||bureaucrat|
|Zyephyrus||French, Latin, Ancient Greek||2017-06||mul.ws bureaucrat|
Restricted access depends on the continued support of the community. This may be tested by a vote of confidence, in which a simple majority (50%+1) must support the user's continued access for it to be retained. (What access a discussion concerns should be explicitly noted in the discussion's introduction.) Any user may propose a vote of confidence, but at least three established users must support the need for one before it can be called. Such a proposal is made automatically one year after the last scheduled or called proposal (concerning all restricted access).
In the case of an unscheduled (called) proposal, the user may not use the restricted access for any non-trivial action at any time until the vote is closed. A bureaucrat will eventually archive the discussion and, if so decided, request removal of restricted access by a steward.
—Restricted access policy
- Note: TalBot's admin status and continued bot flag are dependent on the outcome of GrafZahl's admin confirmation. Hesperian 09:37, 1 October 2016 (UTC)
- Keep --Zyephyrus (talk) 22:32, 1 October 2016 (UTC)
- Keep for both; at this point of time Talbot is our only bot with admin rights to undertake the tasks identified — billinghurst sDrewth 05:55, 21 October 2016 (UTC)
- Keep --Prosfilaes (talk) 23:29, 1 October 2016 (UTC)
- Keep BD2412 T 20:29, 4 October 2016 (UTC)
- Keep --EncycloPetey (talk) 01:40, 5 October 2016 (UTC)
- Oppose GrafZahl and TalBot have not been very active during the past few years, and GrafZahl does not seem interested in actively participating in Wikisource at this time. GrafZahl made Talbot available for migration to Wikisource without GrafZahl intervention, and GrafZahl will answer any questions when time allows. But GrafZahl is not significantly active now here on Wikisource, and he/she does not seem to be interested in becoming more active in the forseeable future. I see no point in retaining this user/bot as a Wikisource Administrator. The public assumes that Wikisource Administrators are active on a daily or weekly basis, not every few months or so. That is why I oppose this nomination -- but DEFINITELY with HIGH REGARD to GrafZahl for prior contributions and important bot development for Wikisource. I HOPE this user considers returning to more actively helping Wikisource when time allows! :) -- Outlier59 (talk) 02:38, 5 October 2016 (UTC)
- Keep--Jusjih (talk) 04:03, 11 October 2016 (UTC)
Nominations for adminship
- Older nominations are archived.